Tuesday 23 October 2012

Train Tracks - First Day

Well I'm 31 years old and I've just decided to get braces.  That is after enduring 4 wisdom teeth extractions in the chair in one sitting.  Luckily they all came out in one piece, despite having some twisted roots.  For curious minded it cost me $890AU all up to get them removed.  The bottom 2 were more expensive at about $280 each, the top 2 pretty straight forward a $165 each.

I can thank my wisdom teeth for pushing my previously straight teeth around, so I can confidently recommend anyone contemplating getting their wisdom teeth out early that you do it... It's cheaper than getting braces!

I'll need to have the braces on for the standard 18-24 months depending on how things progress.  I think it will be more around the 24 month mark as I think my teeth will probably be pretty stubborn.

The braces cost me $6,600 all up, $1,500 deposit and then $200 per month for 2 years interest free.  I paid an extra $600 for the clear braces on the top, which is the only arch they do, its not offered for the bottom.

After the braces are off I'll have my chipped front teeth fixed (courtesy of having them smashed out when I was only a kid) and then get a full whitening.  So end result should be interesting!  All in the pursuit of perfect teeth.

No comments:

Post a Comment